Deb's Diary

A place where I can post pictures of "The Girls" and keep you up to date on a Kentucky Girl, deep behind the lines in "Yankee Territory".

Friday, May 12, 2006

My house has the blah's....

It is so cold here right now. The temps are only on the 40's today and it is raining off and on. I just want to crawl back in bed and sleep the day away. Long ago are those days. I was thinking what I would be doing today if I did not have kids. I would probably still be sleeping and then I would get up and eat something while I watched Days of our Lives and then I would probably take a nap until about 30 minutes before Keith came home at which time I would pick up and straighten up. Of course I would carry on like I had cleaned all day. I wouldn't want him to think I was lazy or something!?!?!? But those days are long gone and I am actually kind of glad. What a waste of a day that would have been. That would have been then, but now, I slept in until 7:30 (that is great for me now) and then I got up and did some work on my internet job and fed some kids and now I am doing laundry and cleaning house. All this BEFORE 'Days' comes on. I actually enjoy getting up and getting my day started now. I would not trade all the sleep in the world for the life I have now. I love my girls more than anything in the world. It is actually FUN to take care of them. I guess that is what having kids is all about huh?

We had a pretty good week. Sara went to the doctor on Tuesday and he had me get a nebulizer to try and help treat her cough and congestion until we see an allergist. It all had me pretty upset but I am better now. I am not quite sure yet if it is working. Hopefully she will see the allergist soon. Keith has been feeling a bit icky this week too. I think all of us are suffering with our springtime allergies right now. Thank goodness there are only roughly 5 more months until it starts snowing again. ;)

I better get going. We have a meeting at church tonight and then a farewell dinner with some friends who are moving to Columbia, SC tomorrow. Hope to blog again soon!!

Deb

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Me! said...

In the interest of full disclosure...

You don't have to wait around for "Days" now...because we have TIVO and "The Soap Channel".

When I was home with you during the day on Wednesday...there was no less that 3.5 hours of that soap on the TV!

Just kiddin' hon. It does make me wonder though...Whatta' we gonna do if we ever have to be real grown ups?

Your Happy Pappy.
Your Chubby Hubby.
BDLB.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Hello there. Just stopping by hoping that you had a great Mother's Day. Oh yeah, I definitely remember the good ol' days. Now I get 8 times more stuff done each day with 4 more kids running circles around me than I ever used to pre-kids. Crazy how that math works out- but as you said, "I wouldn't trade my life this way for anything." Wishing you warmer weather soon. Ciao!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home