Deb's Diary

A place where I can post pictures of "The Girls" and keep you up to date on a Kentucky Girl, deep behind the lines in "Yankee Territory".

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Kentucky/Polish?!?!?


I must say, I think I am a pretty good wife. Make that a pretty great wife. I went to a cooking class last night to learn how to make Keith's favorite Polish meal. Pierogies. For those of you who do not know what these are (mostly my Southern friends) they are a pasta that is stuffed with stuff like potatoes and cheese or sauerkraut. I actually do not like them, but Keith loves them. They remind him of his Grandma. So, the MSU extension office offered the class, and I took it. Keith says this is the biggest thing I have ever done for the 'betterment' of our marriage. Can we say labor and delivery?? I mean, I gave birth to 2 of his offspring. I think that is a pretty big thing. But you know how men think. Food, sports. sex. Need I say more??

Well, the good news is that Sara slept great last night. PRAISE the LORD!! I know this might not be a permanent thing, but 1 day at time is a great plan for me. I mean 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a gift from God. I know this for sure now. I just hope I stays good. I know better than to ask for perfect. I must say, Keith has taken shifts with her this week. He is on the 3pm-midnight shift at work so he has been taking a turn with the vampire-child. So needless to say, this has been a great week. Maybe he really does deserve homeade peirogies.

Bethany is all geeked out today. We are going to the Family Fun Fair with her best friend Abby. I can't believe she slept until 7am this morning. I expected her to get up at 5 and ask when we were leaving. She is such a great blessing. Some(read most) days she makes me want to pull my eyebrows out, but no matter what, there is always some moment every day that I have to go hide in the bathroom to laugh because of something she has said. She comes off with the funniest things. I need to start writing them down as soon as they flow from her mouth. That way I can use it against her when she has kids of her own.

I better go for now. I need to administer baths and hair pretties before our date with Abby this morning. Everything and everybody has to look perfect you know. Have a great weekend.

Deb

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Hi Deb~
Just wanted to let you know that I stop by here and keep an eye on all you guys. Sure miss small groups live and in person with you! Those were the days. We've been thinking and praying so much for the Cerak family. My heart hurts for what they are going through as I've stood in their shoes before. Not a fun spot to be- but I am praying that they are feeling God's strength and power like never before in their lives. Hugs from me to you- you need them- I know that from reading Keith's blog! =) Ciao for now~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home