Deb's Diary

A place where I can post pictures of "The Girls" and keep you up to date on a Kentucky Girl, deep behind the lines in "Yankee Territory".

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's really me this time!!

Hello friend(s)!! I am pretty excited to be starting my own blog! While I might not be able to post as much as my friend Jody Ferlaak, I will try and stay with it as much as I can. I do have a few friends I think might be interested in keeping up with me, parole officers, old classmates. You know, people who care where I am and what I am doing. So here goes.....

For those of you who don't know me, I am a most of the time stay at home mom of 2 BEAUTIFUL girls. Bethany is 4 1/2 and Sara is 7 months old. I do occasionally work outside the home at the local hospital here in Gaylord. Usually 4-5 days a month. Enough for me to keep sane, that is. I have been married to my dear husband for 10 1/2 years. (Already????) I pretty much lead a normal life that is actually boring.

This past weekend we traveled to Kentucky for Easter. We have a tradition in our family (the Miracle side that is) to get together with family from Tennessee for Saturday and Sunday for Easter. That means ALOT of cooking. This was my mother's favorite event of the year. Well, my mother passed away in 2004 and we have since decided to keep up with that tradition. This means, Deb cooks for 30-40 people for 2 days. I do have help mind you. I work with a team of great helpers/doers. This includes my brothers, husband and sister-in-law. But I head everyone up. It was great this year. The weather was beautiful and all the food turned out great. The kids hunted Easter eggs and had a great time. I tell ya, Bethany comes off with the craziest things sometimes. Apparently,(I was inside when this happened) she was sitting in the grass opening her eggs and checking out her treasures. Well, she opened one egg and found money. To this she said,"OH MY!!" Well the second egg she opened contained candy. When she saw this she turned her eyes toward heaven and said, "PRAISE THE LORD!!!!" How hysterical is that?? She is so much fun!!!!

Well, I better get for now. I have a child wanting to do her "work" on the computer. (This means she wants to go to Noggin.com and play with Moose A Moose.) Hope to get to blog again soon. Like I said, my life can be boring at times. Try not to fall asleep and drool on your computer. May the Lord bless you with good sleep and let you rise to see a wonderful tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

Deb

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Thanks for letting me know about the blog. It will be great to be able to keep up with you guys and the girls. I wish I had known you were in town over Easter weekend...but I understand how hectic it can be. I hope everyone is well.

Graduation is just around the corner. I had a job offer yesterday, and I may take it, but I am going to try to hold off for a few more days in case something else comes through.

Anyway..love to everyone. Your blog is great. I'll talk to you soon. ~ Ash

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Girlfriend. I'm so glad you're doing this. It's gonna be so cool.

I'll have to come back later. I am still recovering from my big weekend in Nashville for Lyndi's bachlorette party. Not feeling so hot right now.

I love ya! Miss ya! Brooke

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

If you are looking for a Moose and/ or Zee you can check out mine at http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/Ctashjian67/Moose/ and email me cnelson67(at)gmail(dot)com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home