Deb's Diary

A place where I can post pictures of "The Girls" and keep you up to date on a Kentucky Girl, deep behind the lines in "Yankee Territory".

Friday, May 05, 2006

Best Friends Forever!!!


Do you remember when you were young and you would pass notes back and forth in class and always sign them "B/F/F" (best friends forever)? I sure remember doing it all the time with my friend Brooke. We shared a locker and a lot of classes but could always come up with something to pass a note about. Maybe it was the thrill of maybe getting caught by the teacher. Who knows. All I DO know is that I hope Bethany and Abby are as close in JR High and High School as they are today. I can just imagine Bethany and Abby when they are teenagers. LOOK OUT! It is going to be so great. Oh, I am sure they will have their differences. But I am sure they will always come back to each other. Best Friends always do. If you don't believe me, just ask my girlfriend, Brooke. I really believe that a girls first "best friend" has more impact on her than her first boyfriend. But then again, that is just me. I have been BLESSED with some honest to goodness 'friends thru thick and thin' in my life. Boy am I thankful for all of them. I would probably be in an insane assylum right now if not for my friends. So, I guess my wish for Bethany and Abby right now is that they will always love each other with that unconditional "preschool love" that they have today. And an added bonus for me, Abby has a little sister that is 2 months younger than Sara!! How lucky would I be if Sara and Cassie ended up being close like their sisters. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

On to the rest of my life. It has been an interesting last couple of days. Apparently there was a sick child in nursery at church on Sunday because all the children that were in the room with said sick child are now sick. I mean gastronintestinal flu sick. You guessed it, that means Sara is/was sick. She started throwing up on Monday and I think she is on the mend now. BUT, if that was not bad enough, Keith got it on Wednesday and I got it on Thursday. Keith was pretty bad off there for a while. But as for myself, BY THE GRACE OF GOD, I did not have it as bad. I got sick Thursday morning and was eating toast my Thursday night. Bethany is the only one who has not had it yet. I am praying she does not get it at all. I mean, it was so bad on Thursday morning that we did not take Bethany to school for 2 reasons. 1) Neither of us felt like we could/should drive her to school and 2)We needed her here to help "take care" of Sara. ie. giving her a bottle and fetching things for us. It was a sad state in my house yesterday. But thank goodness I believe we are all feeling much better today.

Well, I better go and get started cleaning and disinfecting this joint. All I need is a reinfestation of this stuff. Talk to you again soon.

Deb

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez...can you actually believe that we have known each other since age 5? That's 27 years, Deb. Unreal, I say...unreal. You're right, though. The road, though long, bumpy, and loaded with detours along the way, has always somehow led us back towards one another. What we have and what we feel for each another can't really be explained. It's just a connection we have. As corny as that sounds, it's true. We've made it through break-ups, school, marriage, divorce, giving birth, witnessing death, and all the little disagreements in between. And here we are..half a world away it seems and still keeping in touch. Although I would like to be closer in miles, I've never felt closer in my heart. I'm glad we're BFF. I wouldn't want it any other way!
Love ya!
BFF,
The Brookster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home